Monday, November 24, 2008

T minus 6 and Counting

OK, it's almost time to leave the "Rents" and move into our little rental in Sun Lakes.

The "Move" or ordeal as I prefer to call it, starts Sunday morning. We must pull some furniture from our storage facility. In order to accomplish this task, all items will need to come out of the storage room and then re-stored if not needed in the place we're renting.

There is so much junk stuffed in this thing that just getting the door open requires an effort. We have hired a couple of guys to help us get it out and on the truck and reorganize what has to stay. Wish us luck. This kind of project is the kind of thing that hurts people, ruins marriages and turns good furniture into trash and bad furniture into firewood.

The upside of all this is that we should be able to sleep in our own bed by Monday night. I am looking forward to the experience. Along with sleeping in our own bed we look forward to having a place to chill out by ourselves. Both of us want to do as much as we can for Vicki's folks, but we are of the opinion we can do it from a distance. (In this case, less than a mile)


In addition, we are scheduled to get high-speed Internet hooked up that Monday and I should be able to get back to a normal routine instead of my daily visits (more like camping out really) to Starbucks.

I should miss "Bucks" society, but I probably will not. I'm more a Folgers/Safeway coffee drinker than a Grande/Latte/Venta Mocha Frappacrappacichino drinker. It's understandable that folks with extra cash should buy would they consider to be premium coffee, but I drink Starbuck's house blend every day and it ain't all that good to me.

Still, I am grateful for the Wi-Fi and some of the friends I've made here. I won't miss the place, but I just might miss talking to some very interesting people that I met in my local "Bucks".

The Daily Husband

2 comments:

Robert said...

First of all, I would like to wish you the best of luck for your move. It can be a pretty stressful time, but having your own space again will more than make up for the stress.

I visited Phoenix a few years ago in July and watched the 4th July fireworks display. We were told that it was the 2nd biggest in the USA that year. What I noticed most about Phoenix was the daytime heat. I guess you get used to it.

I also don't rate Starbucks coffee. A UK survey put its quality at the bottom end of the market. I reckon it's seriously overpriced too!

Richard said...

Robert: the daytime heat is miserable and the nights over 100 are not too pretty either.

Rich