Sunday, September 28, 2008

A list of Lasts

When you move you get to do a lot of last things in your old house. We finished packing and tearing down furniture today. The moving van will be at the house in the morning. We're spending tonight and tomorrow night in a motel just down the road. So.......

I smoked my last cigar out in the drive last night

I took my last shower in our master bath this morning.

Vicki did the last load of clothes in the washer and dryer today.

We cooked our last breakfast this morning.

Our Sunday newspaper from the local republican rag didn't show up for the last time today.

We slept in our bed in our bedroom for the last time last night.

I took my last walk in our little stand of woods yesterday.

I wrote my last post from the comfort of my home yesterday.

From here on out, it's all about the travel, the sights, the sounds, the people, the places, my family, and of course all the good people I've come to know through blogging.

The Daily Husband

Husband note: for anyone who has moved more than a couple of times, you know how difficult it can be. My wife is a champion packer and mover. She is incredibly organized, effective and efficient at getting us ready and getting us moved. If you have gypsy blood, then a woman like mine is essential. In case I haven't mentioned it; I am blessed to have a partner like Vicki. God I love this woman.

No comments: